Ok Tedi Mining Limited
Industrial & mining
Tabubil, Papua New Guinea
PPI were engaged in partnership with Nexus Engineering to provide an audit and report of the Lightning and Surge Protection throughout the Ok Tedi mine facilities.
PPI were engaged in July 2018 to detail a method on bringing the various structures within the Ok Tedi mine site into compliance with the current Australian Standard for Lightning Protection AS/NZS1768:2007 (now AS1768:2021).
The overall scope included:
- Compliance with Section 4.16 Metal In And On A Structure where the structure contains electricallycontinuous metal
- The gradient earthing system for these metallic buildings
- Compliance with Section 5 Protection of Persons and Equipment Within Buildings and the application ofSurge Protection Devices
- Compliance with Section 6.6 Protection of Mines
- Compliance with Section 7 Protection of Structures With Explosives or Highly Flammable Contents
- Compliance with Section 8 Installation and Maintenance Practice
Our audit covered the mine site location, Tabubil township, Kiunga facilities and the Bige facilities.
For further information on this project, please contact the team at email@example.com